Studen Information - Sumits Hot Yoga Fort Worth
- Arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- Discuss health issues and/or limitations with your instructor before class begins.
- Wear appropriate, breathable workout attire that you don't mind getting sweaty.
- Remove your shoes when you enter the studio.
- Never bring your cell phone in the class room.
- Do not chew gum during yoga.
- Do not wear heavy perfume or cologne to class.
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Drink lots of water throughout the day and bring a water bottle with you to class. (Chilled water is also available for purchase.)
- Try not to eat three hours before class for maximum comfort.
- The yoga room is a sanctuary so therefore there is no talking. If you need to talk please keep it to a minimum and whisper.
- Bring a yoga mat and yoga towel with you to class, or purchase one at the studio. Items are also available to rent. Hand towels are provided free of charge. These items are required during class.
- You can rest in child's pose or savasana at any point, but please stay in the studio.
- If you must leave early, let your instructor know before class begins.
- The first class is always the hardest. Don't wait too long before your next class, so you can start building endurance.
- It's normal to feel tired after class, even the day after your first class. After a few classes, you will notice less and less after class fatigue.
- Nausea, dizziness, and headaches are possible after class. If this is the case, you are probably dehydrated. Be sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day and remember to drink a bottle of water during class.
- Skin irritation is possible. The heat in our hot yoga classes releases toxins trapped in the skin. Showering directly after class will wash away the toxins, thus reducing skin irritation.
- Prepare to have increased energy levels after practicing hot yoga! You might even have difficulty sleeping due to the extra energy.
- Feeling quite hungry or losing your appetite are both common reactions following the first few hot yoga classes. Your appetite will normalize once you are practicing regularly.
- It is recommended to get 5 classes per week for maximum benefits.
- Showers are available at the studio for your convenience.
With Consistent Practice
- It's normal to lose pounds and inches.
- Muscles will be toned and strengthened.
- Your body's systems will be brought into balance, improving the function of internal organs.
- Your energy level and metabolism will be increased.
- You will feel more calm and relaxed and will experience lower levels of stress.
- You can decrease your blood pressure.
- You will sleep more soundly.
- Your immune system will be strengthened.
- Your stamina, flexibility, strength, and balance will be improved.